Tuesday, September 15, 2009

RIP Patrick Swayze (1952-2009)


Just like The Beatles' song, "In my Life", things that you used to know in your life, some has gone and some has changed. And that's what I felt when I heard about Patrick Swayze's death last night. He was diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer. The two time Razzie Nominee died eight month after he was diagnosed with the disease.

I never know anything about him, except that he's best known for the role in "Ghost" and "Dirty Dancing". After his death, I looked up wikipedia to seek information about the Pancreatic Cancer. (you can read about the article here). Just like any other cancer, Pancreatic Cancer is known as a "silent killer", because early pancreatic cancer often does not cause symptoms. And one of the survivor from this symptom is Apple inc's mastermind, Steve Jobs.

I remembered how Ghost went to the big screen in Jakarta, and all the chicks were dying to have a cut just like Demi Moore. And remembered how my parent had to put me and my sister to my aunt's house, so they can watch it in the theater late at night, without any of our distraction .

Well. may your soul rest in peace, and have a "cleaner" dance up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment