Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Artist Feature: Serge Baeken

Belgians comic artists never stopped to impress me. As a child I am much exploited to comics such as Tintin, The Smurfs, Spirou, Lucky Luke, and Steven Sterk. It also affected my style for making a sketch of a character which is more comical.

A few hours after I hand in my final report, I went back to the library to look up something interesting. Being a library bug for the past few weeks makes me see things that I find interesting to read. Since I am such a poor reader, usually I will always go to the music and kunst (art) section in the library. In the art section today, I found a small fat book with lots of sketches in it. I was stunned, because it is what I was looking for. Not specifically the title of the book, but the contents in it. The book was sketches from Belgian artist named Serge Baeken. Inside the book is all of his selected sketches that was made from 2007-2008. The were no captions, all sketch!


Shortly, I loaned the book, and find myself fascinated by the sketches that Serge made. The book has 412 pages of Serge's sketches. Funny that when I tried to find the book in amazon, they don't have it. Because I absolutely would like to have a copy of the book.



To see more of Serge Baeken's artwork, visit http://www.bloggen.be/sergebaekenblog or his website http://www.sergeontherocks.com/
In my opinion, I find that the first link is more convenient.

1 comment:

  1. thx for the complimets
    you can order your copy at
    http://uitgeverijxtra.nl/
    or at the local comic book store
    or mail me to get a signed version.

    ReplyDelete